Ben Floyd: the Broker who Knows Construction
On this episode of The BreakAway Agent Podcast, we welcome Ben Floyd, Broker and Owner of 525 Realty Group in Edmond, Oklahoma. Though Ben has been a licensed realtor since 2000, he also has a background in marketing, sales, management, home inspections, home and commercial renovations, and even home and commercial building. All of his experiences have led him to his successful real estate career.
Ben has always had a strong work ethic, and he started young. At age 18, his father put him in charge of a construction crew. Though he felt like he had no idea what he was doing, it gave him the opportunity to see construction from the ground up. From there he stumbled into sales, and eventually found himself devoting his time and energy into the real estate industry. Construction has always been a part of him though, and it often becomes the focus of his business. He and his company have built large unit buildings from the ground up in order to sell and rent out, and it’s that kind of process that is what makes work fun.
Listen now as Ben Floyd describes how his background in construction and having a team focused brokerage has helped him become more successful in his real estate career.
* To Be Successful in RE, You Have To Work When No One Else Is
* Be Team Focused – If Agents Aren’t Successful, The Brokerage Isn’t Successful
* Being Social Is One Thing, Making Connections Is What Makes The Deal
* Want More Clients? Be The Professional They Can Trust
* A Good Agent Creates A Win-Win For Everyone
* Brush Up On Your Knowledge of Surrounding Industries
* Even Top Producers Struggle With Follow Up Calls
* Pick Up Your Phone, Pick Up Your Phone, Pick Up Your Phone!
* Your Next Phone Call Could Be The Call To Success
The most important thing that Ben stresses is the idea that your phone can be your most valuable asset. It’s not enough to just put your name out there and hope for business. Despite just making phone calls, it’s really important to answer the phone too. You never know who might be calling. The next person looking to speak with you could be the link to your next million dollar deal.