The Future Is Now: Embrace the VA Trend with Jeff J. Hunter
Interview With Jeff J. Hunter
Join the Conversation With Tiffany & Jeff
In today’s episode of Next Up Nation,
We have a very constructive interview with Jeff J. Hunter, the founder, and CEO of VA Staffer, who shares his entrepreneurial expertise with us. Jeff discusses his views on podcasting for profit, work-life balance, and the importance of having a strong VA team. He explains how he got started in the remote staffing business and shares his one rule on how to stay productive.
Make the World Your Office
Jeff J. Hunter is an avid traveler. He says the beauty of his job rests on his ability to work pretty much from anywhere. His daily activities rely on using technology to keep in touch with his 80+ employees across the globe. “I’m just one Zoom call away from my team and any of my clients,” he explains.
Distance doesn’t stop Jeff from having a successful business. This renowned remote work guru does much of his job from hotel rooms in foreign countries. This way, Jeff has gained a specialty in building remote teams. He mentions that hiring virtual assistants allows him to find what he calls freedom recipes.
Up Your Game With a VA
The term virtual assistant is not much of Jeff’s liking. He explains that it’s too broad. A VA’s job can range from picking up phones and making reservations to video editing and graphic design. Jeff prefers to think of his remote employees, more like teammates, each with a specific skill set.
In this interview, we discuss how having a strong team of VAs is a major lifesaver. For instance, assistants can always take care of smaller tasks so you can focus on the big picture. Having a VA allows you to delegate so you can thrive.
The 90/10 Rule
Jeff J. Hunter shares with us his secret to productivity. He calls it the 90/10 rule, which consists of setting your priorities straight. Make a list of your pending tasks and start with the most important ones. Jeff’s 90/10 rule helps you improve your business strategies. However, it also works to achieve a more balanced life.
In This Episode
Here are some highlights of our interview with Jeff J. Hunter:
- [00:01:20] Jeff shares his definition of a virtual assistant.
- [00:05:55] Eliminating the stigma of remote work.
- [00:07:26] Jeff explains how he got started on virtual staffing.
- [00:09:05] Virtual assistants: a stress-free option during the pandemic.
- [00:10:19] Jeff defines the 90/10 rule and how it makes you more productive.
- [00:12:43] How to maintain your life-work balance using the 90/10 rule.
- [00:19:29] Using a virtual assistant for outreach.
- [00:22:58] All you need to know about the VA recruiting process.
- [00:28:13] Jeff talks about his podcast: Savage Marketer.
- [00:31:14] How Jeff made almost $10,000 on a single episode.
Do you want to know more? Check out this episode of NextUpNation. Join the conversation on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Google Podcasts, or your preferred platform.
Powered by OMH Agency.
People Mentioned in this Episode
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Grant Cardone
- Brian Tracy
- Dennis Yu
- Tony Grebmeier
- Sammy Tagget
- Sean Cannell
- Josh Nelson
About Our Guest
Jeff J. Hunter is an expert personal brand builder. He helps accomplished CEOs and Founders leverage their business achievements to become influencers in their category.
Meet Our Host
Tiffany Youngren is the head of OMH Agency. She founded and created the company to help industry influencers find and grow their core audience. Tiffany has over 15 years of experience building several successful businesses with her husband.
- Entrepreneurial Immersion Academy
- ADD System
- Savage Marketer podcast
- YouTube Secrets
- Seven Figure Agency podcast
Hit Us Up
Are you a new listener to our podcast? The Next Up Nation crew would love to hear from you!
Shout Out to My Podcasters!
If you are ready to leverage your show to close more sales and build popularity, text PODCAST to 1-406-206-0760.
Make a Profit with Your Podcast
- Click here for 3 ways to leverage your podcast to close more sales – without having to wait for a flood of followers.